- 2 lbs Quinoa, White
- 2 quarts water
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground cayenne pepper
- 2 t ground coriander
- 8 cups beets, shredded
- 8 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, bring the salted water to a boil. Stir in InHarvest White Quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until the liquid is completely absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Lay the cooked quinoa out on a sheet pan and reserve in the cooler or walk-in.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey and oil until smooth. Stir in the cinnamon, cumin, cayenne and coriander.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the chilled quinoa with the beet, carrot, mint and parsley. Pour in the dressing and toss the salad well. Reserve chilled for service.
Per serving: 110 cal., 2 g pro., 17 g carb., 1 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 110 mg sod., 6 g sugar